My new site is finally up and I will be posting my stocks analysis at http://mystocksinvesting.com


Marubozu

May 31, 2010.

My Stocks Investing Journey

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Citigroup - Insiders buying in August 2009

Citigroup Chairman of the Board, CEO of Citibank N.A & 3 Directors were the insiders who bought Citigroup shares last month. The Chairman & the CEO bought 1 million shares each at $3.21 and $3.41 respectively. It is a good sign when insiders purchase their own company's shares because they know the company's business much better than any investors. This is also a good indication for investors to take long position of this stock.

Stock's Background
  • 3 years historical high = $55.08
  • Current Price = $4.68
Note: The stock price is unlikely to go back to $55.08 because the fundamental of the company has changed. Citigroup is still losing money this year.

I am waiting for a right time and right price to buy this counter for long term investment.
My plan:
  1. Wait and see whether the stock price can hold above $4.26 and the 20D and 50D MA support trend in Sept. If the stock price continues to stay up after big Dow Jones & S&P500's correction, I will consider to buy at the price near $4.26 in Oct.
  2. If the price breaks the $4.26 support level,  my entry target is around $3.65. I need to make sure all the Technical Indicators do not show bearish convergence and the stock price is not on the down trend.

1 comment:

  1. Citigroup broke 20D MA support line and close at $4.38 on Sept 25. Next immediate support at $4.26 (base on short term 61.8% Fibonacci Retracement) & 50D MA support at around $4.00.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis